If you have launched a small online business and are not in a position to outsource SEO services for a third party, then here are some tips that does not require an expert knowledge and are free as well as simple to implement.
Content remains the most important thing to consider in improving the website traffic towards your start-up business. If the content is of good quality and consists of relevant information, then visitors are likely to visit your website often.
Begin a Blog
Start writing a blog tailored for the specific audience of your niche. The blog must be very informative. Only then site visitors will visit your site again and again.
The blogs have to be written with readers in mind and the priority must be given more for the customers rather than writing for the sake of ranking well in search engines.
Create business page in social sites
Social media is a very cost-effective option for smaller businesses to build their online presence and it also gives businesses a perfect opportunity to identify which of the social networking sites are proving to be very effective for the popularity of their website and products or services they offer. Ensure the social media profile has the required contact and web address details etc.
Write evergreen content
Write content that attracts visitors in a long-term basis instead of news related articles that might not have any relevance with respect to time. This kind of content will help improve the search engine rankings steadily on a long-term basis.
URL structure must be clear and simple
The URL structure of the website must be designed in such a way that users must be able to recognize the topic just by viewing the URL itself. This can be done by implementing keywords within the URL structure.
Keep a check on competitors
Take a look at the competitors who are ranking first in the search engines based on keywords similar to your product or services and understand what they have done on-site and off-site for achieving better search engine rankings.
Internal linking if used correctly will help your website rank better for certain specific keywords. It will also help visitors find useful as well as relevant content.
Search data for keywords
Take a look at what kind of keywords have been entered by visitors in to your site search box and this will help you a lot in finding the popular keywords. These keywords are likely going to be very much similar to what they are typing on the search engines.
Set up Google Local Listing
This is a free and one of the easiest ways in which smaller businesses can improve their online presence in the local search results.
Other key tips that will help smaller businesses enhance their website traffic include:
- Be aware of the latest trends happening in the Search Engine Optimization industry.
- Encourage customers to leave reviews for better Google listing.
- Understand that SEO success is not immediate and usually beneficial only on a long-term basis.
- Ensure the website is mobile-friendly for better search results from mobile phone users for enhanced website traffic and enhanced business.
- Ensure the keywords are included in the file names of the images.
- Set up Google Analytics tracking code for the website.
- Make use of Webmaster tools.
- Include relevant information that is tailored to suit the requirements of local pages.
- Product descriptions must be written yourself since it is best understood by the website owner itself rather than anyone else.